Friday, January 29, 2021

I Made my First Camera!

 Hello and welcome to my first action project for the unit of Light in my STEAM core class, "Light, Sound, and Time". In this class via virtual learning, we learned about We learned about the electromagnetic spectrum which is a spectrum that shows the wide range of all types of electromagnetic radiation (light) and the visible spectrum (what we can see).The electromagnetic spectrum includes  UV rays, X rays, infrared, gamma rays, microwaves, and radio waves. Light is energy as matter that we can see it but we can’t touch. Reflection is light bouncing back in a direction based on the angle of the shined light; and refraction is the change of light as it goes through objects. We didn't have any Field Experiences for this unit but I did get the chance to work on and build my camera in-person at GCE's new school space. In our class meetings via google meet, we dove deeper into the math and science that explains how light travels through our eyes to our brain. We covered topics such as trigonometry, the unit circle, light rays, and the electromagnetic spectrum. For this action project, we were instructed to build a pinhole camera that would be used to create an image using light through the camera itself. Overall, I enjoyed this project and especially making my very first camera. 

LST Camera Obscura. N.L. (2020)

I really enjoyed making a camera from simple materials I had laying around my house. I'm looking forward for what is to come in this class and more hands on experiences. The building process of the camera was very simple which I did not expect but did appreciate. During this time of this global pandemic of Covid-19, I'd like to say thank you for taking the time out of your day to view my projects. I hope you enjoyed this action project!





No comments:

Post a Comment